Recording Blog 2 (Music Video)

 

 Today I began the first part of my recording. My overall plan today was to get the first half of the video recorded before writing this  blog. I'm happy to report that this plan was an overall success. About 40% of the video content was recorded in this sitting and Ill finish the rest in the next few days depending on how things are. The first part I recorded was the beginning I did this since it was the easiest. The setting for this was my yard which made it easy to go and record footage there. For these scenes nothing special happened here. I mostly just acted out what the lyrics of the song say since, that helps tell the story. I think I could put some more work into making the video funnier with editing but that's for another time. The conditions for recording weren't perfect due to the weather here but it was manageable and I think this first scene went quite well. Unfortunately due to the winter climate and weather  the lighting during the video isn't the greatest. I also planned out what I wanted to do for the rest of the recording during this time. I had the idea to record each section at a different time of day so that It looks like time is passing throughout the video. I think this would really sell the realism of the song and be a neat little detail. Another thing I thought would be neat would be if each loop had very slight differences. This could encourage paying closer attention and I thought it would be fun to do.  How I do this however is an uncertainty, both doing this in editing and recording are both options so that will be something I have to decide on. For now however I think I've gotten quite a bit done so I'm proud of that. It'll probably make some more time before I have the finished project, but I'm looking forward to see my plans come to fruition. I'm just happy that I was able to complete my goals for the day.


(My filming summarized)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music Video

Genre Research: Action

Intro Blog