Recording Blog

 

 On Friday October 31st I recorded my advertisement for Pepperidge farms raisin bread. My basic plan for directing the commercial was to have an actor make raisin bread families for some others and then they would endorse the product. Although there were some slight changes to the storyboard for the most part the movie ran quite smoothly. Some minor changes occurred like the slogan that was going to play at the end of the ad. Another thing that was changed was that the sandwiches being made were not shown, this was due to the 30 second time constraint. I had a few plans I would've liked to incorporate into the commercial but alas the 30 second timer really limited what I could do. With that being said the 30 second timer also forced me to be creative with the time I had. To make the best of the time I shortened each scene greatly and some of the stuff I recorded didn't make the cut entirely. The entirety of the first scene in the storyboard was changed once again because of time. This all was done in one day and it took about 2 hours in all for setup and recording. Some of the props that were used in the commercial were the bread itself as well as cheese and ham to make the sandwiches. I also used grape juice in glasses to make the lunch set seem a little more complete. I had a lighting setup as well which I think helped give the sandwiches a bit of a shine. Although looking back in one scene there was a bit of a lighting glare, overall I believe that the lighting was quite professional. I used a phone camera to film things so that was a bit rough, but all things considered it was pretty well done. One plus about doing a food commercial is that we got to eat the food when the commercial was finished.  Overall the commercial wasn't perfect but most things went well and the message was delivered clearly. All in all the commercial went smoothly and I believe that it will convince others to try Pepperidge Farms raisin bread.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music Video

Genre Research: Action

Intro Blog