Production Blog: Recording

 

 This spring I got a lot of progress done on my film. I put in quite a long time working on this and I am proud to be able to share the results. Without further adieu here are the fruits of this spring break's labor. The first thing I did was make the centerpiece prop. This of course is the golden cow, which was made with some gold paint and a plastic toy. This came out very well although I admit it took a very long time for the paint to dry. Once this was done I buried the calf in my backyard with its head just barely sticking out of the ground. I then filmed a bunch of different angles of the calf in the ground. I figure I can add some ominous music to this which would create a mysterious and mythical mood. I had a lot of fun with this part of filming. The next part was a little harder since it required my to use acting skills. Since I don't have any group members I was limited on actors so I had to use myself as the main character. Basically I recorded some lines which will all be spliced together during the editing phase. Here I read the bible and introduced the area where the movie takes place. This was the establish the scene and leads well into the opening credits. After this I recorded myself walking through my backyard. This is a transition scene that allows the character to travel between places. The beginning of the movie takes place in the main character's office. After this scene he travels out to the dig site where he spots the cow. This is when the golden calf is introduced. Together all these recorded scenes will go together to make a fine movie. I look forward to creating the finished project.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music Video

Genre Research: Action

Intro Blog