Intro Blog (Music Video)

As someone who doesn't listen to music that often choosing a song to make a music video for was difficult to say the least. Most music I listen too comes from video games, but those wouldn't transfer very well into a story based music video. I sat down with my dad and we discussed what kind of music would work for this that I liked. Unfortunately since I don't actually listen to music we didn't get much out of that discussion. After awhile we started to joke around and suggest songs that were meant to be funny. A funny song would solve a lot of the problems of making a music video since it could be less serious and require less funds. We agreed on making the video after a little jingle called Yon Yonson that was very short and simple. The song is about 3 sentences long and repeats indefinitely. Yon Yonson is a friendly man by nature so he tells his song to everyone who passes by, causing the song to continuously loop. The song is about the daily life of a Swedish immigrant to the Midwest region, and how he introduces himself to others. I figured if done right it could be pretty interesting to make a video of. As I stated before music really isn't my thing so I wont lip sync or dance but instead act out the actions said in the song. Although I know this project is doable to be honest I'm not as confident on this assignment than the previous commercial. The project itself shouldn't be too hard but setting everything up will probably be a little more tedious than the commercial project. Another thing that will be different this time are the props used. To make the video more authentic ill at the least have to buy a hat to fit the character of Yon Yonson. The passerby in the video will also need a costume to make the project more accurate. Just because the song is intended to be a joke doesn't mean that it cant be good, which is what I hope for this video to prove. Some of the actions listed in the song will be harder to perform than others but ill tackle that problem when it arises. Chopping wood as a lumberjack might be a little hard to convey since I don't have lumber or tools but I'm sure I could borrow something. That all being said I look forward to filming and editing the music video, and I hope it turns out as I would like it to.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music Video

Genre Research: Action

Intro Blog