Music Video

 

 Here it is, the Yon Yonson music video. After quite a bit of recording and editing the video is finally here to watch. The video is basically a 20 second song looping with slight differences each time. The first time I play the ukulele in the first scene and lip sync the words of the song. After that I use a clip of a passerby asking for Yon Yonson's name.  The kind stranger who asks for Yon Yonson's name is none other than Barack Obama! Due to the lack of actors available for recording I could not do the street passerby scene. As a replacement for this I used video clips from other media and tried to lip sync them with the song lyrics. Unfortunately the lip syncing wasn't perfect due to time constraints, but It worked well enough. In the next scene I play the accordion in the same basic position as the first scene. If you couldn't tell from me playing the ukulele, you could definitely tell that I don't have musical talent from how I played the accordion. Although I've never played these instruments in my life I believe  I did a decent job acting with them. After that I switched away from from instruments and went to acting out as a lumberjack. I got a buzz saw and cut some wood while once again lip syncing the music. This scene took quite a few tries since I had to not only sync with the lyrics of the song but also focus on cutting the wood and making it look realistic. After a few takes I'll admit that being in the woodcutter's position made my leg sore after awhile. Other than that making these scenes wasn't too hard to do. The main challenge was setting up to record all these scenes. Buying costumes and getting decent lighting was definitely a challenge. All in all I think I did really well on this music video and told the story of Yon Yonson very well. 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Genre Research: Action

Intro Blog